Rituals, one of the fastest growing luxury brands in Europe has worked with Apple ecosystem management company Jamf, to deliver a successful company-wide global migration to Apple technology. The initiative, supported by Rituals staff for its time and cost-savings potential, also empowers an elevated and seamless retail experience for customers.
Rituals has more than 670 stores in 27 countries around the globe. In fall 2016, Rituals kicked off their Apple implementation with a pilot program of 20 MacBook devices in their corporate headquarters. Staff feedback on the ease of use, flexibility and device stability cemented Rituals’ decision to migrate completely from PC to Mac – which kicked off a deployment of 650 MacBook, 700 iPad, 650 iPhone and 1,500 iPod devices across the company.
“Through Jamf Pro, we have a clear view of our devices, and are able to install and update them at any moment in every country,” said Nico Wartenbergh, chief technology officer at Rituals. “Jamf’s solid infrastructure, along with its extensive capabilities, is instrumental in making sure Rituals’ digital strategy is successfully implemented. Jamf was the success factor of this implementation.”
Ingraining Apple’s iOS technology in stores
Supporting Rituals’ movement to remain paperless, store employees use the iPad devices to:
- Watch corporate training sessions to remain in constant compliance with corporate policies and procedures
- Read the company newsletter as a way to stay informed of important news and updates
- Order products and maintain sufficient and accurate store inventory
The iPod touch devices aid in the overall efficiency of the Rituals retail locations by:
- Providing customers with a mobile point of sale (POS) so they’re able to purchase products wherever they are in the store
- Pairing with a skin analyzer to provide customized skin care recommendations
- Scanning products as they arrive, eliminating room for inventory errors
“Retailers continue to strive for a more personalized, yet streamlined experience for their customers,” said Aaron Hix, senior manager of global business development, Jamf. “Mobile technology offers the chance to transform a business – unifying online and offline sales, coordinating with suppliers and staff, and providing insight to customer interactions. Jamf solves the final challenge of managing these mobile devices to make it all work.”